Personal quick cash financing facility, utilizing gold as collateral with terms and conditions applied.
- The Ar-Rahnu business module utilizes gold jewellery or gold as collateral to the loan applied by applicant.
- If the applicant is unable to repay the loan amount, his/ her collateral will be auctioned. The amount paid for the auctioned collateral will be the applicant’s repayment. If there is balance from the auction value compared to the loan amount, the balance will be given to the applicant.
- There are 3 types of pawning services at Ar-Rahnu X’Change which are Ar-Rahnu, Az-Zahab and Ar-Rahnu Simpan.
- Must be 18 years old and above.
- Malaysian citizen, non-Malaysian with legal passport documentation or a permanent resident.
- Not bankrupt.
- Offers qualified product for collateral to be accepted.
Up to 65% of the pledged value (value of gold as security) and up to 70% for regularly returning clients.
- The difference lies in the margin limit allowed, duration of loan and the storage rate.
- Ar-Rahnu Scheme maximum limit allowed is RM50,000 while Az-Zahab Scheme maximum limit allowed is RM100,000.
- Ar-Rahnu X’Change is a franchise product of Bank Rakyat
- Ar-Rahnu Bank Rakyat has been around since 1993. This product became a franchise business on 6 December 2006 as a programme under Bank Rakyat to help build cooperative businesses.
- Through the franchising business model, Bank Rakyat transfers knowledge and expertise in micro credit Ar-Rahnu financing to cooperatives taking on the role as franchisees
- Rakyat Management Services Sdn Bhd acts as the franchisor of Ar-Rahnu X’Change.
- All types of jewellery with gold valued at 18 karat and above.
- Ar-Rahnu X’Change also accepts gold bars, wafers and shillings issued by local banks, state governments or any authorised bodies approved by Bank Negara Malaysia.
- For gold bars, wafers and shillings, clients are required to:
- Produce a sales invoice/ proof of purchase receipt
- Genuine Certificate by issuing company
- Ar-Rahnu X’Change transactions are fully Shari’ah-compliant. The basis of transactions and products at Ar-Rahnu X’Change is based on 3 shari’ah concepts:
- Qard: Interest-free financing
- Al-Wadiah Yad-Dhamanah: The pawned item as collaterals are insured
- Ujrah: Storage fee charged
- Guaranteed security with Takaful, minimal storage fee and flexible instalment plans.
- Free from riba’, which oppresses the applicants.
- Storage fee applied is 1 times lower than interest rates applied at conventional micro credit institutions.
- Fair and just practice in the auction process. The value amount from the auction is used as repayment of the unpaid loan, and any balance made compared to the initial loan amount will be returned to initial owner of auctioned item.
Qualification, duration and accepted jewellery is depending on Ar-Rahnu X’Change products.
Storage fee charged is RM0.65 for every RM100 (pledged value).